Just a few seconds after being born, a baby’s lungs start to work and it breathes for the first time.
Starting from that moment, can you imagine how many breaths we take? Calculations indicate that we take an average of 16 breaths per minute at rest. That is approximately 23,000 times a day!
What is responsible for this function that is so essential to our organism?
There’s no doubt about it, it’s the efficient organs of our respiratory system: our larynx, our pharynx, our bronchi and our lungs.
The respiratory system is in charge of emitting sounds, of filtering and expelling substances such as dust, transporting oxygen to our cells and releasing carbon dioxide.
If our respiratory system is in good condition and in good working order it will have a positive influence on our wellbeing and quality of life.
Throughout the year, and particularly when getting ready for the cold winter months, we have to get our body into shape.
How can we keep our respiratory system fit and healthy?
It’s up to us to help our respiratory system give an impeccable performance. That’s why at 4Life, we would like to offer you some easy-to-follow tips:
- Make sure you breathe correctly through your nose (not through your mouth). It’s an unconscious act and seems easy, but many people don’t breathe properly and that can lead to health problems, for example respiratory infections, short attention span, anxiety, stress, dental problems and even muscular pain.
- We need to protect ourselves from external cold or air conditioning. Protecting our throat both in winter and in summer (in places where there is air conditioning) is a good way of preventing colds and even to look after our voice.
- Ventilate frequently: renewing the air in our home and workplace is vital for reducing substances such as dust, controlling damp, the temperature... and creating a more healthy environment.
- Avoid smoking and exposure to cigarette smoke and pollution since they increase the production of free radicals that can negatively affect our defences.
- Keep nostrils clean to allow free access to air.
- Healthy Lifestyle
What are the key factors in maintaining a good respiratory system and how can we promote them?
A healthy lifestyle – that great pillar of wellbeing to which we are always committed – is a puzzle made up of the following pieces: a balanced diet, physical exercise, proper rest, a positive attitude and support for our dietary supplements.
And we shouldn’t forget that if our immune system is in good shape that will play a fundamental role in protecting our respiratory system. Through diet and certain supplements, however, we can provide nutrients and substances that strengthen it.
Here are some examples of nutrients that help the respiratory system function correctly:
- Vitamin A, which helps keep the mucous membranes in good condition. Vitamin A, together with Panax ginseng, are great allies when it comes to helping our immune system function correctly.
- Antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamin C or vitamin E, and plant extracts such as bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus), help protect against oxidative damage.
- Traditional plants, such as thyme (Thymus vulgaris L ) boost respiratory health and the wellbeing of the immune system, they contain antibacterial properties, boost mucous secretion in the upper respiratory tract, and have a calming effect on irritated throats and pharynges.
At 4Life we have developed what will be your greatest ally when it comes to the healthy functioning and care of your respiratory system: 4Life Transfer Factor™ Lung
4Life Transfer Factor Lung in addition to the Tri-Factor™ Formula, includes vitamins A, C and E, as well as plant extracts such as thyme, bilberry and Panax ginseng, amongst others ingredients, all of which will help ensure the wellbeing and care of your respiratory system.
However, if you wish to add a little extra support, the best ally of Transfer Factor Lung is, without a doubt: Ritestart™.
The specific nutrients in Transfer Factor Lung will act in synergy with the essential nutrients of Ritestart when taken together with each meal.
Ritestart is a food supplement with a powerful formulation: vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, vegetable extracts, mushroom and Tri-Factor™ Formula. A highly beneficial set of nutrients to complement the needs that are very often not met by our normal diet.